Walkin’s Gift Shop (“Walkin’s”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Depending on the products, content or services you request, we may collect and process various kinds of information about you. Information you provide when you:
- Create an account or use our products, content or services.
- Communicate with us by email, online chat, SMS, instant messaging (IM), direct message (DM), social media or letter post.
- Contact us by telephone. While we do not record telephone calls we may make and keep a record of information provided during a telephone call.
- Complete an online form published on this Website. This may include personal data about you such as your name, email address, home address, phone number, gender, username, password and date of birth.
- Enter a competition or prize draw.
- Interact with us on social media.
- Participate in a survey (online, by telephone, or face to face).
- Submit a comment, information request or query by email, online chat, SMS, IM, DM, social media, letter post or via this Website.
We may also collect further personal data about you should additional information be required to fulfil your request for products or services, deal with your query or give effect to your information request.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
By visiting our Website, you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data about you. However, as with most websites, our Website servers gather certain technical information automatically which is stored in log files.
This technical information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, device type, operating system, browser type and version, the general region or approximate location, referring/exit pages, time/date stamp and other usage information.
You can remove or reject cookies at any time using your browser or device settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use our products, content or services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
By and large we use personal data to provide, improve and further develop our products, content and services, to communicate with you, to offer you information about products, content or services that may be of interest to you, and to protect us and our users.
We collect and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about our products, content and services.
- To fulfil orders placed or to effect transactions initiated by you via this Website.
- To respond to information requests or queries submitted by you.
- To ensure that our Website content is presented effectively for you and for the device you are using to access this Website.
- To provide you with information about products, content or services that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We use technical information to administer our Website, compile Website usage statistics, to monitor Website usage and to help us further develop this Website. We may provide such anonymised aggregate technical information to third parties. Statistics and technical information will not include any personal identifiable information that can be used to identify any individual.
If you do not want us to use your personal data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to additional instructions in the “Your rights” section of this statement.
Please be aware that should you decide not to provide your personal data then we may be unable to provide some or all of the products, content or services you might request.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share personal data with third-party service providers that provide products, content or services on our behalf, such as payment processing; website hosting; email services; cloud computing and storage services; marketing; auditing; data analytics; order fulfilment; courier services, carrier services, customer support; conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys; and other services that support the provision, improvement or further development of our products, content and services.
Third-party service providers are obliged to protect personal data and are restricted from using this personal data in any way other than to provide services for us or for collaborative services in which they are engaged with us.
If Walkin’s or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third-party, in which case personal data held by it about its users may be transferred to the relevant third-party.
In certain circumstances, personal data may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also share your personal data to protect the rights or property of Walkin’s, our third-party service providers, suppliers or users, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
You have the right to access personal data that we collect about you. So as to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before releasing any personal data held on our systems to you.
You may be entitled to ask us:
• For a copy of your personal data;
• To correct or erase your personal data;
• To restrict or stop the processing of your personal data;
• To transfer some of this personal data to other organisations; and
• Where we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, to withdraw this consent.
Under certain circumstances these rights may be limited – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even after consent is withdrawn.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process personal data and resolve any complaints you may have. We encourage you to contact us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant data protection authority.
You can correct, change or delete your information in your account setting page. You can stop receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or accessing the email preferences in your account settings page. Alternatively, to access any of the above rights, you can email us at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or letter post (see contact information listed at the bottom of this page).
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
SECURITY AND RETENTION
We take seriously our security obligations in respect of your personal data to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or misuse or destruction of such personal data while in our possession.
All information you provide to us by email or via this Website is stored on secure servers.
Where you have access credentials (username and password) which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping your access credentials secure and for taking measures to protect against unauthorised use of, or access to, your access credentials, computers and any other devices you use to access this Website.
You should be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security system is impenetrable; no data transmission method, or electronic data storage method, is 100% secure. Should a security breach occur, you and the relevant data protection authority will be promptly notified by us as required by law.
Unless stated otherwise, our website, products, content and services are not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store personal data provided by anyone under 16 years of age.
HOW TO CONTACT US
County Mayo, F31 XW99,
Telephone: +353 (0)94 954-1115
Last Modification Date: January 8th, 2020